Have you ever been asked if you feel tired, or if you are angry, when in fact you feel great?
If so, your brows may have fallen over time. The low position can give you that tired or angry look. Also known as a forehead lift, a brow lift minimizes the creases that develop across the forehead, or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose; improves what are commonly referred to as frown lines; and repositions a low or sagging brow.
If you are bothered by expression lines or other signs of aging in the brow region, a brow lift by Spokane Plastic Surgeons' Dr. Lynn Derby, may be right for you.
Brow lift surgery:
- Minimizes the creases that develop across the forehead, or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves what are commonly referred to as frown lines, vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Repositions a low or sagging brow that is hooding the upper eyelid
- Raises the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position
Rejuvenation procedures typically performed in conjunction with a brow lift include eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes; facelift to correct aging changes in the mid- to lower face and neck regions, and aesthetic skin resurfacing techniques.
Dr. Derby performs three types of Brow Lift Surgery:
- Direct Brow Lift
- The direct brow lift is a more traditional form of brow lift, with greater control over the final brow shape and position. Compared to the endoscopic method, direct brow can generate more visible scarring. In direct brow lifts, the surgical incision is created immediately over the brow hairs to camouflage the incisions.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift
- The endoscopic brow lift procedure allows for great results with less incisions and quicker recovery time. Using this procedure, the surgeon views the underlying brow tissue through a small video camera placed underneath the skin. Then forehead tissues are lifted and remodeled as needed to get the desired look.
- The Transblepharoplasty procedure can combine a blepharoplasty with a brow lift for complete upper eyelid rejuvenation. It enables the Dr. Derby to simultaneously elevate and shape the eye brow (natural looking brow lift) and, if necessary, remove excess eyelid tissue (blepharoplasty). Both procedures can be performed through the same incision, hidden in a fold of your eyelid skin, creating a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
Is a Brow Lift Right for You?
A form of brow lift surgery with Spokane Plastic Surgeons may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You do not smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
Brow Lift Results
Initial wound healing may take five to ten days, at which time any sutures or clips will be removed. You will be ready to return to work and normal activity at this time. Cosmetics can camouflage any bruising that remains. Healing will continue for several weeks as the swelling dissipates and incision lines refine and fade and it may take several months for your complete recovery.
Life-long sun protection will help to maintain your rejuvenated appearance by minimizing photo-aging or sun damage. In addition, a healthy lifestyle will also help extend the results of your rejuvenated, more youthful appearance.
Contact us today for more information about brow lift surgery.